Sunday, March 18, 2012

12.4 my legs are killing me!

IF I only got one more rep I would have had 200, but I'm sure everyone wanted one more rep. That's what keeps me motivated as well as how much better I will be at the Crossfit Games next year, in theory.

'Karen' was definitely a challenging way to start off the fourth WOD this year and I dare say the thought of 150 wall balls would have stopped people from giving this one a second try.

To recap 12.4 was a 12 minute AMRAP of 150 wall balls (for women - 6kg throwing it up to the 9 foot mark) followed by 90 double unders (double skips) and 30 muscle ups.

It was my first time ever doing Karen RXD and the first thing I told my awesome counter Michelle was please count it in 50's I do not want to hear okay that's 67 keep going.

I'm lucky that squats have always been my thing and being taller I didn't have to throw the ball as high. I also had Michelle tell me to yell lower if my squats were starting to get iffy so I wouldn't get no reped. I pushed through 25, 20, 15 and 10 at a time and finished them with a few minutes to spare.

The walk from wall balls to my skipping rope was epic. My legs were like jelly, my mind was a blur and my heart was racing. My recovery time is getting much better but I still have to work on my endurance.

I took a sip of water and asked the gods to give me rhythm. I missed a few skips but persevered five or four at a time. I wanted 90 but 49 was still pretty awesome.

The top people so far got...
Australia- Men: 261 (150 wb, 90du, 21mu) Women: 261
World- Men: 323 (1 round plus 150wb and 23du) Women: 266 (150wb, 90du, 26mu)

I just submitted my score so I'll let you know tomorrow what position I'm coming at through a comment. Hopefully a little better than 515 where I have been sitting after WOD 2 and 3. By the looks I could be 330 in Australia, that's so exciting!!!!

One day on my legs are sore, my neck is sore, my shoulders and lats are sore, my head is sore all though that's probably St Patricks Day/friend's hen's night related. lols bring on next week.

Come back soon to find out my predictions for the final open WOD, whether or not I get it and what my plan will be.

(picture - no picture I forgot, I'm so sorry I might try and get one during the week)

No comments:

Post a Comment