Saturday, March 3, 2012

awesome snatch results!

FOR someone who would be happy with two snatches at 35kg I smashed it! For my 10 minute AMRAP of snatches (30 at 20kg, 30 at 35kg, 30 at 45kg and so on) I got a grand total of 56.


The reason I was so surprised is because my 1 rep max for this advanced ground to overhead movement was 35kg. I guess that makes it my 26rep max now hahahaha. Hopefully we'll have a snatch WOD at Crossfit northside soon I'd like to give 45kg a go. wink wink.



So I worked according to the plan I set out on Friday, get to CFNS early work my the snatch weight up to at least 35kg. During the warmup I did about four at 35kg and it felt pretty good.




I was placed in the first round of people to complete the WOD at our box. I like going first it means I don't have time to over think what I'm about to do and get nervous.

I opted for the 20kg bar rather than a 15kg bar with plates, being a tallish person (1
76cm) I figured going below the knee with the bar instead would mean I wouldn't have to drop so low with the movement.

I was originally going to go in sets of 10 but it was so easy I did 15, then had a break so I wouldn't exhaust myself and did another 15 before loading up the bar up with an extra 15kg.

I was a little anxious at this point it was now or never, so I snatch pulled the weight to get the movement and extra force I would need to take the bar overhead.

Then I snatched it up and kept pushing through the workout one to three reps at a time. I remember with about four minutes to go I had 20 snatches to make up the 30 at 35kg but I couldn't muster five a minute.

Overall I was pretty happy with my movement there were only a few snatches closer to the end where I lost my balance.

I have hurt my back before doing snatches so maintaining form was my top priority.

As I got tired through the WOD I decided to drop lower in the squat position and at every other snatch I did a snatch pull beforehand to help with the power.

I'll update my position on the leader board soon as I didn't submit my score properly yesterday... you have to click on the affiliate, yesterday I just wrote it in.

Check back in to see my position and find out what my predictions are for Crossfit Games WOD 3 or 12.3 as they like to write it.

(pictures - that's me getting a sneaky photo in after my workout and the others are from Pip's facebook, thankyou!)

2 comments:

  1. Here's my position results in Australia of 1354 places

    Overall - 909
    WOD 1 - 1119
    WOD 2 - 612

    World of 18,303 places

    Overall - 14386
    WOD 1 - 15924
    WOD 2 - 10683

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I can get in the top 50 percent of the competition after WOD 3

    ReplyDelete