Wednesday, March 20, 2013

13.3 last years recap and my prediction

I’ve used all my psychic powers of guestimation to come up with this week’s WOD. First off lets look at previous WOD 3s, recap the movements so far and have a look at what to expect tomorrow.

Previous WODs
WOD 3 2011 was a
5 min AMRAP (men - 165lbs/75kg women - 110/50kg)
squat clean
jerk
Well it's not going to have running in it!

Meanwhile 12.3 gave us
15 box jumps
12 push press
9 toes to bar

Patterns...
Where does that leave us?
    • These two are completely different  however we haven’t had any squat cleans or toes to bar.
    • Other movements we haven’t seen yet include - pull-ups, muscle-ups, double-unders, overhead squats and wall balls.
    • We also know last week the weight was relatively light so we can expect something heavier this week.
    • If we look at the crossfit main website they had clean and jerk on Monday, but none of the others I have written in this blog.
    • The WOD has to be done in a small space and all on camera so no running.
    • There will be simple standards so no push-ups and I don't think we'll get kettlebell swings. There may have been some alleged no-rep issues with some of the scores in 12.2 (but we wont look at that here, I merely suggest the top 200 competitors video submit or they have an extra level comp (say districts) to make sure the every rep ‘actually’ counts and we don’t see any duds go through to the next level)

My prediction...
7min AMRAP
double unders and squat cleans...
50 double unders
15 squat cleans 75/45kg
10 toes to bar

Good luck! Check back and I’ll let you know how I go in my own attempt in 13.3

No comments:

Post a Comment