Sunday, March 11, 2012

12.3 if only I could have caught my breath I'd be able to rock this

THE hardest workout by far was certainly the Crossfit Games WOD 3 - 15 box jumps, 12 push press and 9 toes to bar.

My initial plan was to go all out and get as many rounds completed as possible, which I guess is what anyone would hope to do every time.

15 box jumps complete, 35kg push press which I semi jerked most times was not too bad, I just kept telling myself I've done 55kg, 35 is easy. Toes to bar... I got about three or four done properly, then I realised how hard it was.


Before starting the workout I was having a chat to a few of the other crossfitters and there were a range of different strategies and levels of nervousness.

The main concern was indeed the toes to bar and how ripped their hands were going to get so I absolutely covered my hands in strapping tape... only to find my hands were getting sweaty later.

During the first round - a couple of times I managed to get one foot up then kick the other foot to the bar. Either way, slowly, I got the first round completed.

Second round box jumps were good, push-pressing was a little harder and I went back to the bar.

Breathlessly I jumped up and tried to kip my way up with only a little luck. At about five reps in ripped tape of one of my hands to give me time to catch my breath again.

Then I kipped again and found the rhythm, I could get one leg up easily and kick the other up sort of like an eight-year-old trying to do flips on the monkey bars.

I finished the second round and still couldn't get my breath, kept pushing and thinking I'll catch my breath on the box jumps, push press or toes to bar.

I got to the third round of toes to bar took off the strapping from my other hand and had a rhythm going one leg at a time.

I'm pretty sure I was the only one doing it this way but hey, whatever gets you through it is the way to do it. I also had great support from the rest of the team at northside, thanks guys.

In the end I got three rounds and 15 boxjumps.

That places me in
WOD 3
Australia 520
World 6735

Overall
Australia 515 of 709 so far
World 6645 of 7738

Not bad. I can only imagine how much better I would be this time next year.

Visit again soon to find out my prediction for next week, my strategies for the WOD 4 and results.... Two weeks to go!!!

(picture - this one is from Katrina who was taking photos on the day, (thankyou!) i've got no strapping on my hand so I can only assume it's late round two or three)

No comments:

Post a Comment